Manage Your Linked In Page
Unlike many of the outdated posts on how to delete a Company Page on LinkedIn, we’ve got the most recent answers to your questions below.
How to delete a Company Page on LinkedIn in 2019
- What is a LinkedIn Company Page?
- How do I create a LinkedIn Page?
- How can I optimize my LinkedIn Page?
- How do members use a LinkedIn Page?
- How can I become an Admin of my LinkedIn Page?
- Can I send a message to anyone from my Company Page?
- How can my Company Page follow other Company Pages?
- Should I delete my Company Page on LinkedIn?
- Am I allowed to delete my LinkedIn Page?
- What are the prerequisites to delete a LinkedIn Page?
- How can I delete my LinkedIn Company Page?
What is a LinkedIn Company Page?
A LinkedIn Company Page (now called LinkedIn Pages) helps members on LinkedIn learn about a company’s or school’s business, brand, job opportunities, and alumni while it giving LinkedIn Page admins a way to share information about their organization’s activities, job opportunities, and culture.
A Page offers a high-level summary of the organization along with basic information such as specialties, size, website link, industry, and more.
How do I create a LinkedIn Page?
To begin the process of adding a Page, you’ll need to set up a LinkedIn profile.
After creating a profile or if you already have one, follow the steps below for creating a Page.
- Click the Work icon in the top right corner of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click Create a Company Page.
- Select the page type you’d like to create from the following options:
- Small business
- Medium to large business
- Showcase page
- Educational institution (high school or university/college)
- Enter your Page identity, Company or Institution details, and Profile details information.
- Check the verification box to confirm you have the right to act on behalf of that company in the creation of the Page.
- Click Create Page.
How can I optimize my LinkedIn Page?
Luckily, LinkedIn provides a free PDF on how to optimize your LinkedIn Pages using best practices for your brand as well as search engines such as Google.
How do members use a LinkedIn Page?
As a member of a LinkedIn Page’s community, you can stay up-to-date on the organization’s latest developments as well as job openings and employee culture.
Even if you choose not to follow a Page, you can still explore information about a company or school through their Page.
How can I become an Admin of my LinkedIn Page?
Administrative rights are automatically granted to the creator of a Page, therefore, only administrators can edit Pages, add or remove other admins, and post updates.
Here’s how to request admin rights to a LinkedIn Page:
- List your current position with the company on your profile.
- Go to the Page you’d like admin access to.
- Click the More icon and select Request admin access from the dropdown.
- If you’re a 1st-degree connection to any of the admins, you’ll see the option to grant all current Page administrators access to your profile information by clicking the Submit request button. You’ll receive a notification on-screen indicating that your request was successfully sent.
- If you’re not a 1st-degree connection to any of the admins, please contact your company administrator to find out who manages your LinkedIn Page.
- You’ll receive an email notification once you’ve been granted admin access.
Can I send a message to anyone from my Company Page?
LinkedIn Pages do not operate the same as a personal profile on LinkedIn.
Updates can be posted, the Company Page can interact as the Page in comments to their updates, but it will not operate that way outside of the Page.
Messaging is something only an individual can do outside of Sponsored InMails.
How can my Company Page follow other Company Pages?
LinkedIn Pages do not operate the same as a personal profile.
They are not able to follow other Pages nor post on other page updates.
Should I delete my Company Page on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn recommends you do not remove a Company or Business Page as the deletion of a Page can affect an associated user’s work history.
Am I allowed to delete my LinkedIn Page?
Since the removal of a Page affects the profiles of LinkedIn members, you cannot remove LinkedIn Pages with 100 or more affiliated employees.
Keep this in mind:
- Once the Company Page is removed, the company name and email domain won’t be available for future use.
- LinkedIn won’t remove the Company Pages of acquired companies just because a company is acquired.
- Instead of removing a Company Page, it may be more beneficial to update the business name and additional information.
- Changing the company name also changes the profile work experience for the company’s current and former employees, which can confuse followers of the Company Page.
What are the prerequisites to delete a LinkedIn Page?
- The Company Page is currently active.
- You are an admin of the Company Page and are currently logged in to LinkedIn.
- The Company Page doesn’t have any affiliated Company Pages.
- The Company Page doesn’t have a Career Page.
- The Company Page has fewer than 100 affiliated employees.
- The Company Page has no active ad campaigns.
How can I delete my LinkedIn Company Page?
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Below Manage, select your Company Page.
- Click on Admin Tools at the top of the Page and click Deactivate Company Page.
- In the pop-up window, click Deactivate to confirm the removal of the Company Page.
- You’ll receive a confirmation that your Company Page was successfully deactivated. If the Company Page couldn’t be deactivated, you’ll receive an error message.
Want to add your own LinkedIn FAQ or answer to this post?